Requires XF 2.2 or newer
Sends an email to your members every week showing most popular topics.
(Example of Weekly newsletter email)
(Example of Options page)
(Example of Account preferences page)
- Option to exclude forums.
- Option to vary the number of topics sent in the email.
- Option to send test email.
- All phrases start with weeklynewsletter_ for your convenience.
If you're currently using the Weekly digest add-on, you will want to import your current Weekly digest user settings. Follow these steps to import:
1. Install the Weekly newsletter add-on.
2. Add the following to your forum URL weeklynewsletter/import to import users Weekly digest settings.
3. Uninstall the Weekly digest add-on.
This add-on will add a field called andy_weekly_newsletter to your xf_user table.
Questions and Answers:
Q: Are forum view permissions honored?
A: No. You have to use the Exclude forums in the Options if you want to exclude any forums from the emails sent.
Q: When are the emails sent?
A: On Saturday morning.
Q: Are banned members excluded?
Q: Are discouraged members excluded?
Q: Are emails sent to users who have "email invalid (bounced)" user state?
Q: How are thread topics chosen?
A: New threads from the past 7 days are selected by most viewed. An additional sort on forum title can be set in the Options page.
Q: Are members automatically enrolled in this add-on?
Q: How can I change the day and time the mailing go out?
A: Yes. Change the Cron entry here:
Admin Control Panel -> Tools -> Cron entries -> Weekly newsletter